Wow, you guys. Just wow. You know that feeling you had as a kid on Christmas Eve (or the day of the first night of Hanukkah, too, if you lived in my house)? When you know something big is coming and you can barely stand it?
That was me today.
Because I knew...ALL DAY...that it was coming! That's right! Zombie Days, Campfire Nights was delivered to my house TODAY, just a little over an hour ago, and I knew it was coming and I was way super crazy excited all day!
Ok, ok, I'm a little dramatic today, it's true. But I'm giving myself a pass. Because honestly, I think it's ok. Today's quite literally the day when a three-year-long journey comes to a head. This crazy little book I started on a whim - that met with awesomely fun reader feedback when it released as an ebook last year - became, today, something I can hold in my hands. I can touch the cover. I can turn the pages. I can dog-ear them if I so choose. Because it's a physical, real, paperback book, and it is mine.
|Ok, I know I look really calm.|
Trust me. I'm not.
Heh. I feel a little Dr. Frankenstein-y. "It's alive! It's alive!" Here I go with the dramatics again, but remember: I gave myself a pass.
I'm so utterly grateful that today is here.
And so to share my gratitude with YOU, the family/friends/faithful readers who've already shared so much of this journey with me...a little contest. A fun one. Why not! And in this fun world of crowd-sourcing, I'm going to let the winner decide the prize.
Here are the rules:
1. Comment on this post. That's all. At the end of the day on Sunday, October 13th, I'll pick a winner. A random winner. Here's how I do this -- I assign everyone a number, and ask Zoe to pick a number within the range. That's it.
2. The winner gets to choose a prize from these three options:
- A beautiful paperback copy of Undead America: Zombie Days, Campfire Nights - I'll sign it and mail it to you.
- Your name gets used for a character in Book 3 (not yet written or titled) in the Undead America series.
- A preview e-copy of Undead America: No Angels, to be delivered at least a week before the release date.
Sunday Night Update
And the winner is....Pat Frame!! Zoe picked number 3! So let me know what prize you want and I'll make it so! Thank you all so much for playing!!! Yippeeeee!